04: Governing Board Nomination Process and Relevant Data
The community foundation submits evidence of the board nomination process and relevant data that supports an independent governing body broadly representative of the community it serves.
- Awareness of the community’s demographics
- Process for determining the desired characteristics/qualities needed and present on the board (Crosscheck with governing instruments)
- Evidence that the board reflects a diverse composition with different perspectives and is derived from the community served. An example of documentation could include a board matrix that reflects a range of characteristics appropriate to the community served.
- Board nomination process
- Community demographic data
- Process for determining desired characteristics/qualities
- Board nomination process—governing instruments