17: Human Resources Documentation
The community foundation submits the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) job description; evidence of regular CEO reviews, including that nature and extent of the review; and the process for determining the CEO’s compensation. Additionally, the foundation submits evidence of a board resolution that the foundation’s personnel policies shall comply with federal, state, and local requirements.
- CEO job description, including a description of the CEO’s duties, responsibilities, expectations and authority.
- Evidence that the board regularly evaluates the CEO and has done so within the past two years.
- Nature and extent of the CEO’s review.
- Process used for determining CEO compensation.
- Board resolution indicating that, to the best of the community foundation’s knowledge, the foundation’s written personnel policies comply with federal, state and local requirements. In addition, the board resolution should indicate that the board will review the personnel policies periodically and will consult with legal counsel as necessary to evaluate the policies and will take reasonable steps to keep the policies current with applicable laws.
- CEO job description
- Evidence of CEO performance evaluation
- Process used for determining CEO compensation
- Board resolution on written personnel policies compliant with federal, state, and local requirements (evidence found in board resolution that accompanies record book)